Many of us exert poor control over the events in our lives, we complain, but we do not seem to grab the ‘wheel’ and steer ourselves in new directions.
We often feel trapped by our belief’s – The past does not predict the future unless you live it!
If you keep on doing what you have always done you’ll keep on getting the same disappointing results!!
Coaching has become a proven way of helping people thrive, both in their personal and their professional lives.
There is the ever increasing pace of life, the decrease in levels of work/life balance, more stress and uncertainty, less face- to-face communication, the breakdown of the family unit and the build-up of consumerism and personal debt.
Coaches are increasingly being hired to help clients prevent and resolve all of the above and much, much more!
However, there are some things that you can do to help yourself…
Here are my 7 steps to make change a thing of beauty:
1. Take time out, to look in at your life
- Continually running will not give you the time to reflect on where you are and so it is not possible to create the beautiful changes you want to see.
2. Learn what is working for you in your life
- By understanding what is working, you can keep doing those things.
3. Learn what isn’t working for you in your life
- These are the things that could be holding you back.
4. Clarify what you actually want to do
- A fundamental part of the process – what do you really want.
5. Decide whether what you want to do is really something that you will commit to taking action to achieve
- This is vital – how many times have we said we wanted to do something, but not committed to taking action?
6. Design the steps to take to move you towards what you really want
- This step will allow you to create actions based on importance / urgency which will allow you to have something measurable to track.
7. Take action
- OK, now the real test – taking regular daily action to move you towards the change you want.
The result of the above – you are back in control of you.
If you need some help getting started, please do get in touch. A free 20 minute consultation may be all you need to move you forward.